INFORMAS in Hong Kong is led by Dr Jimmy Louie of the School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong.
Dr Louie currently works on 2 INFORMAS modules: Food Composition and Food Promotion.
In collaboration with The George Institute for Global Health, Australia, Dr Louie has localized the successful FoodSwitch program for use in Hong Kong in 2017. Through the FoodSwitch project, nutrition information of pre-packaged foods sold in Hong Kong has beeen collected and recorded annually since 2017 to create a longitudinal dataset which would allow the monitoring of the Hong Kong pre-packaged food supply. The first results on sodium level of pre-packaged foods have been submitted for publication. New studies examining the sugar levels and use of intense and low calorie sweeteners in the food supply is underway.
Dr Louie’s group has recently completed pilot studies to examine the extent of food and beverage promotion on free-to-air television and in Mass Transit Railway stations in Hong Kong, using the standard INFORMAS protocol.
- People Involved
- Outputs Table
- Outputs (publications, reports, conference presentations)
Assistant Professor in Food and Nutritional Sciences School of Biological Sciences, faculty of Science The University of Hong Kong.
Email: Dr. Jimmy Louie
Status (as of February 2020)
|Public Sector (Food EPI)||
|Food Trade & Investment||
Manuscripts currently under review
1. ASC Wong, DH Coyle, J Wu, JCY Louie. Sodium level in a sample of pre-packaged
foods sold in Hong Kong. Public Health Nutr. (under 1st revision)
2. VHI Cheung, JCY Louie. Junk food advertising on free-to-air television in Hong
Kong. Public Health Nutr. (under 1st revision)
3. SKH Lo, BYS O, JCY Louie. Food and beverage advertising in Mass-Transit-Railway
stations in Hong Kong. Public Health Nutr. (under 2nd minor revision)
Accepted conference abstracts
4. VHI Cheung, JCY Louie. An audit of junk food advertising on free-to-air TV in Hong
Kong. World Public Health Nutrition Congress 2020, Brisbane, Australia (poster)
5. SKH Lo, BYS O, JCY Louie. An audit of food advertisement in Hong Kong Mass
Transit Railway Stations. World Public Health Nutrition Congress 2020, Brisbane,
Australia (rapid fire oral presentation)
The George Institute for Global Health, Australia