INFORMAS in Ethiopia is run by Dr Kaleab Baye, Ursula Truebswasser and Elise Talsma
A qualitative study, using Photovoice, has been conducted between October 2018 and May 2019 in one public and one private school of Addis Ababa.
In a second study in March-April 2019, the internal and external school food environment has been assessed around 12 secondary schools for different types of food outlets and food advertising, using the INFORMAS food promotion and food retail modules. All food outlets and food advertising has been mapped and visibility of ultra-processed foods and drinks has been assessed.
- People Involved
- Outputs Table
- Outputs (publications, reports, conference presentations)
Associate Professor & Director
Centre for Food Science and Nutrition
Phone: +251 911890489
Email: Dr Kaleb Baye
PhD Candidate, Division of Human Nutrition and Health
Phone: +251 929034804
Email: Ursula Truebswasser
Assistant Professor Food and Nutrition Security, Division of Human Nutrition and Health
Phone: +31 (0) 317482589
E-mail: Dr Elise Talsma
|Module||Status (as of February 2020)||Outputs|
|Public Sector (Food EPI)||
|Food Trade & Investment|
- Trubswasser U., Talsma E.F., Ekubay S., Feskens E.J.M, Baye K. Influencing factors of school food environments in urban Ethiopia, WPHNA Conference 2020 abstract.
- Trubswasser U., Baye K., Loeffen M., Holdsworth M., Feskens E. J. M., Talsma E.F. Food safety concerns of adolescents regarding their food environment in urban Ethiopia WPHNA Conference 2020 abstract
- Trübswasser U, Candel J, Genye T, et al. Benchmarking policy goals and actions for healthy food environments in Ethiopia to prevent malnutrition in all its forms using document analysis. BMJ Open 2022;12:e058480. doi:10.1136/ bmjopen-2021-058480
- Trübswasser U, Talsma EF, Ekubay S, Poelman MP, Holdsworth M, Feskens EJM and Baye K (2022) Factors Influencing Adolescents’ Dietary Behaviors in the School and Home Environment in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Front. Public Health 10:861463. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2022.861463