INFORMAS in Malta is led by Dr Daniel Cauchi.
At present, a minimal approach to data collection within the INFORMAS framework is being undertaken in Malta. Thus far, the Food Promotion, Food Prices and Food Retail modules have been partially addressed. Data collection was carried out during 2014-2015, with the second round of national television food advertising data (2017) currently being coded.
- People Involved
- Outputs Table
- Outputs (publications, reports, conference presentations)
Dr Daniel Cauchi
Resident Specialist in Public Health Medicine
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
University of Malta
Phone: +356 79617648
Email: Daniel Cauchi
|Module||Status (as of May 2018)||Outputs|
|Public Sector (Food EPI)||Food-EPI paused.|
|Private Sector||No current plans|
|Food Composition||Data collection completed; analysis underway
(National Food Consumption Survey Malta)
|Food Labelling||No current plans|
|Food Promotion||– Social media/Facebook: planning
– Television: March 2014 data published. May 2017 data has been coded and now being analysed.
|Food Prices||Data collection completed||3|
|Food Retail||In-store: data collection completed||3|
|Food Trade & Investment||No current plans|
- Cauchi D., Pliakas T., Knai C. (2017). Food environments in Malta: associations with store size and area-level deprivation. Food Policy 2017 Jul (71) 39-47
- Cauchi D., Reiff, S., Knai, C., Gauci, C., Spiteri, J. Television food advertising to children in Malta. Health Promotion International 2017 Jun 1;32(3):419-429
- Cauchi D., Rutter H., Knai C. An obesogenic island in the Mediterranean: mapping potential drivers of obesity in Malta. Public Health Nutrition 2015 Mar 10:1-13.
- Malta Government Scholarship Scheme
- Malta Obesity Association